Security & Threats

Dark Web Monitoring

The key to any Dark Web Monitoring solution is the ability to reach vital threat data and contextualize it.

Dark web vs Deep Web

What happens in the Dark Web?

The Dark web is the bottom tier of accessibility of the internet. Hidden from search engines and standard browsers, where many variations of illegal activity take place everyday.

National Intelligence organizations have a good hold on Federal or international criminal activity on about 70% of the deep web. The other 30% are carefully hidden from view, but with reverse engineering and data mining techniques Massive can give you access. Although we can’t assume everything happening there is illegal, many users exploit anonymity to:

  • share exploits and TTPs
  • data breach and exfiltrated dumps
  • transfer sensitive information (corporate espionage)
  • plan and execute cyber attacks to companies and government bodies
  • sell illegally acquired data on black markets

The Internet is really broken down into 3 divisions.

The Surface Web – The “surface web” we know is less than 0.1% of the total internet and is what we know as our everyday search results.

The Deep Web – This is the part of the internet which would require some advanced search or bot-based tools to locate results. Search engines don’t consider this useful to everyday users so do not index it or make it very difficult to find.

The Dark Web – Within the confines of the of the Deep Web, the dark web indicates criminality. These can be closed communities, obscure marketplaces and can include locations any network built on top of the internet (such as TOR or I2P).

Intelligence & Context

To get a full picture through threat intelligence, Dark Web Monitoring must include data gathering from all 3 sources to give full context. You can register for a Dark Web Monitoring trial on the Resecurity Risk platform.

How to monitor the Dark Web

As the early signs of cyber attacks can be traced back to anonymous communications in the Deep Web, a complete risk prevention system has to deal systematically with any type of content related to the brand in question.

A global cyber surveillance and monitoring platform like Resecurity allows companies of any size to enjoy complete security and protection through intelligence. This means that the correct strategies can be put into place to fight any type of threat. The Deep Web is carefully monitored 24/7 to make sure that your company is 100% safe.

By monitoring of the Dark Web we mean, the observation and collection of vital intelligence on the entire world-wide internet so that companies may be proactive in their digital security.

This would include, but is not limited to:

  • Detection of phishing attempts
  • Actionable attack intelligence (will you be hacked tomorrow?)
  • Trademark and copyright infringement
  • Sensitive data exposed through unsecure file transfers
  • Data leaks through staff oversight
  • Compromised employee accounts and company servers
  • Company consumer data being sold on the underground black market
  • Stolen financial data (credit, debit, paypal and other systems)
  • Tracking money launderers
  • Detection of credit cards
  • Detection of compromised terminals and devices (real-time)
  • Botnet depositories

Monitoring the dark web

The Solution

Internet monitoring of the world wide and deep web will locate instances of sensitive data or attack intent relating to your brand, its key assets, private information and consumer data. To find out more about internet monitoring for security and intelligence implementation, request a demo of the Resecurity platform.

Dark Web Monitoring & Feeds

Let’s start a conversation! To talk to one of our experts about how Massive’s solutions can inform your corporate security strategy, please get in touch.