Retailers are failing to recognize cyber security risks.
Massive provides retail and consumer goods sector unrivalled cyber intelligence on adversaries, reputation and security. We supply actionable reports that help to reduce the risk of security breaches, by identifying when they occur, allowing for mitigation and prevention.
Firms in the retail and consumer goods industry are behind the curve in protecting themselves against cyber security threats. Fraudsters are getting away in the shadows of high volume transactions; as retailers rarely take out time to scrutinize the rise in suspicious transactions.
A study of filings with the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) reveals that a tenth of retailers have not reported any cyber risk in financial documents filed with the agency, which is surprising considering the recent high-profile breaches at Michaels, Neiman-Marcus, and Target. In the UK & Europe we see similar statistics.
The reality is that cyber-criminals are becoming more sophisticated in their attacks, so by working together and sharing information, the industry could be better positioned to mitigate these risks. Learning about cyber vulnerabilities is one thing, but detecting and preventing them before the damage is done is far more difficult.
The proactive approach
Intercepting security threats and providing in-depth online data intelligence solution – all in real time – can help to identify an mitigate cyber risks. Massive understands the problem faced by retailers to detect attacks early enough for proactive measures. Strixus intelligence platform fills the gap.
What can Strixus Do?
- Monitor large volume of data to provide real-time feedback to retail and consumer good firms, enabling them to free up resources geared towards identifying potential vulnerabilities.
- Real-time alerts on brand reputation damage – with tailor-made engine rules, you have control over the reputation of your company, key projects, transactions and investments.
- Background investigations and real-time scanning of detected adversaries, dark web resources, social media, web platforms, and media.
- Cyber investigations and background intelligence to shut down commonly exploitable loopholes.
- Mitigation through technical measures to flag and shut down hostile activities, including Botnet, DOS attacks, phishing, and Netspionage.
Bespoke options for your industry
Strixus Global Early Warning System™ – A real-time managed service active 24/7 covering the full scope of our intelligence and mitigation services.
Strixus Cyber Threat Assessment™ – Designed for single, quarterly or periodic threat reports with global or geographically pointed topical intelligence.
Strixus VIP™ – Protect your key players from targeted cyber attacks, physical harm or reputation damage with options designed for individuals.
Enforcement of industry standards
When handling millions of customer records, regulators such as SEC and FCA are quick to jump and any cyber crisis with investigations and of course, heavy implications such as fines. Massive solves the issue with its real-time intelligence service and advance detection options couple with rapid-response mitigation services.
Strixus aligns the intelligence algorithm and detect and flag impending vulnerabilities which violate regulatory guidelines and policies. These can be fine-tuned for the concerning areas for retailers, and even extend beyond industry policies to safeguard and supplement their internal security practices.
Common incidents we detect and resolve:
- Botnet attacks
- DDOS and DOS attacks
- Sensitive customer information leaks
- Insider threats
- Customer data sold in grey markets
- Un-secured transactions after order placement
- BYOD threats
- Online retail scams
- Physical theft
- POS (point-of-sale violations)
The bigger picture tells us that many retailers still don’t recognize the risks of cyber security threats, which is affecting consumers on an individual and market level. Massive will monitor your internal security practices to investigate external risk vulnerabilities and allow for early preventive action against threats