The hospitality sector lags in adaption of modern security practices, which makes it an attractive target for impending attacks.
The travel & hospitality sector needs to grow and manage its operations in a safe digital environment, a place where cyber threats can’t survive and complete security is guaranteed.
With cyber crimes growing at a global scale, the travel and hospitality sector has particular risks to consider. Nicholas J. Percoco states that hospitality businesses prove to be easy target for cyber criminals who are looking to gain a large database of customer records, and high transaction volume.
In fact, the data breach trends in recent years cite the hospitality industry as the single most vulnerable sector. Hotels accounted for over a third of all breaches in 2009, and were labelled as the single most breached sector.
And according to last year’s Global Security Report by Trustwave, hotels were in the top three industries targeted for data breach attacks. The travel and hospitality industry, in fact, has much similar vulnerability as the retail industry, such as large amounts of personal information storage and accepting credit card information. Yet it lags when it comes to the adaption of modern security practices which makes it attractive for impending attacks.
Safeguarding the industry
Massive’s Strixus® Global Early Warning System helps hospitality firms to access data theft and espionage so that impending threats can be stopped where they are located. The platform is proactive in preventing cyber criminal activities that can damage your business operations and reputation.
Features of the cyber intelligence platform
- Protect customer data and private information against data theft and espionage. Our proven system leverages global intelligence to make sure cyber risks are minimised.
- Most hospitality businesses depend on reliable reviews on the web for credibility and feedback. This makes the industry most vulnerable to bias feedback and online defamation. Massive’s solution works around the clock to detect and report any brand mentions that could result in reputation damage.
- Real-time monitoring of the dark web and web assets to prevent cyber-attacks from reaching endpoints. With a government level intelligence system, we can access threats as soon as they occur, and follow by taking appropriate action.
- On-the-ground intelligence to safeguard financial and personal information against impending breaches.
- Investigation in the deep web to expose loopholes and uncover main sources behind sophisticated attacks.
Top notch security options for your industry
Strixus Global Early Warning System™ – A real-time managed service active 24/7 covering the full scope of our intelligence and mitigation services.
Strixus Cyber Threat Assessment™ – Designed for single, quarterly or periodic threat reports with global or geographically pointed topical intelligence.
Strixus VIP™ – Protect your key players from targeted cyber attacks, physical harm or reputation damage with options designed for individuals.
The hospitality industry manages large volumes of sensitive information including personal and financial records of customers, so it should align its security practices to meet the cyber security standards set by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and other such regulatory authorities.
Massive will help to mitigate and put an end to security incidents that violate security standards, which will address many internal and external areas of concern for the hospitality industry.
Impending threats samples:
- Unauthorised access to hotel systems
- Sensitive credit card information leak
- Cross-system attacks
- Malicious software
- Zero-day attacks
- Hotel customer data sold on black market
- Fake reviews
- Hotel scams online
Massive’s Cyber Task Force will work with your IT, security or corporate communications departments to ensure threats are minimised or shut down before they turn into a crisis.